Originally uploaded by chefvinod
Spice Crusted Salmon as demonstrated on fox tv.
I have received several requests for posting this recipe for the Spice Crusted Salmon and here it is :
Salmon - 2 fillet 6 ounces each
Ginger and garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Fresh lemon juice - 2 tsp.
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Red chilly flakes - ¼ tsp
Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
Whole Black Pepper Corns - ¾ tsp
Olive oil or Veg Oil - 2 tsp
1) Cut Salmon fillets into six ounce pieces with the skin on.
2) Rub with Salt, fresh lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste and olive oil. - Set aside for half an hour.
3) In a skillet, toast coriander seeds, whole red chilies, cumin seeds and black pepper corns - grind in a spice grinder or coffee mill.
4) Apply this coarsely ground spices on top of the marinated fillet.
5) Heat a skillet to high heat and place the fillet with the marinated side facing down and the skin side up.
6) Sear for approximately a minute till the spices form a nice crust and then flip it over gently
7) Finish in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes or till the fish is done. Do not overcook the fish.
P.S : If you are not used to having a lot of hot food, reduce the red chilly flakes and pepper corns.